Sunday 20 April 2014

Happy Easter All! He Is Risen!

Hi All,
Happy Easter! He is risen! I hope you are all having a great day, whether alone, or with loved ones!
I am having an amazing day. I went to church this morning with the family. The assemblage was packed as usual- praise God!- and it was amazing! It was special to be able to celebrate the resurrection of Christ Jesus on this day many years ago with inspiring people. I love going to church because I get to spend time with Jesus and be encouraged, even if only by seeing such examples.

Today the pastor spoke about Perfect Love, a love that only Christ can grant you. It is not self-seeking, It is forgiving and it gives everything. With knowledge of such love, all our fears- fears of giving control of our lives to him, financial fears, fears of rejection and fears of surrendering our lives- can be placed at the cross. This perfect love drives out all fears because Jesus is victorious!

The world can never offer us this victory but because he died, we can live! Some people believe that because what they have done is so bad, God can never love them. This is false because nothing you do will make him love you more and nothing you have done will make him love you less. The pastor also said a saying that says: When the devil reminds you of your past, remind him of his future. Our future can be with Christ in eternity. The closing question was "Where will you spend eternity?"
There will be no good people in heaven, only forgiven people. Today the offer stands.

After church, my family and I had a peaceful braai at home together. We then had an easter egg hunt and I found a Lindt bunny, which is extremely dulcet and tasty, and a mini pack of Oreos. Right now I am relaxed and am filled with felicity and am as the Afrikaners (Afrikaans speakers) would say "In haar noppies" or In my element.

It has been a leisurely last few days. On Friday I went to church for easter friday- The day which Jesus Christ was crucified many years ago. Yesterday, me, my sister, her boyfriend and my dad went to watch rugby at the Kearsney College Easter Festival. We just watched our home team- Glenwood High School- play then went home. It was great to be there out in nature and away from home erstwhile. Tomorrow I am going with my mother to visit my dear late grandmother's best friend for tea. It will be another ephemeral moment in this fugacious but memorable holiday befor I go back to school on Tuesday. This week I am especially grateful for my family.

Till next time,
A.V.M.Dwyer









No comments:

Post a Comment